“Enormous skill in bringing out the best in people”
Dr. Barili offers a rare combination of academic brilliance, heartfelt personal support, deep personal practice, and enormous skill in bringing out the best in people. She’s a joy to work with, and her students are very fortunate. In a single sentence she can move from a soulful insight into the way we relate to ourselves to a penetrating comment about the brain’s neuroplastic potential. Plus she is funny, kind, and generous. A gem of a human being.
– Rick Hanson, PhD, New York Times bestselling author of seven books, including the recent Making Great Relationships
“Simple yet empowering practices”
I have known Amelia for many years and have always been impressed by her passion for building nurturing communities. Integrating ancient Indian and Chinese wisdom traditions, and drawing from her own extensive practice of meditation, she teaches simple yet empowering practices to help us improve our health, reduce stress, and experience more joy and serenity.
– Fritjof Capra, author of The Tao of Physics and The Web of Life
“Shift from states of defense into states of safety and interconnection”
Amelia provides practical tools to help us monitor and regulate our biobehavioral states to optimize navigating through the challenges of life. Together we gain a greater appreciation of humanity, both who we are and whom we may become. By drawing from her knowledge of ancient healing traditions and her lifelong practice of meditation, she shares with us powerful and transformative practices for regulating health, growth and restoration. These practices help our nervous system shift from states of defense into states of safety and interconnection.
– Stephen Porges, PhD, author of the acclaimed Polyvagal Theory, and of Polyvagal Safety: Attachment, Communication, Self-regulation.
Amelia Barili is an embodiment of the healing power of love. She has an amazing ability to weave together healing practices developed over thousands of years and scientific insights while guiding us into connecting with our deep source of inner peace and of love for ourselves and for each other. Being in Amelia’s presence and following her wise and kind guidance is deeply healing.
– Sue Carter, PhD, internationally renowned scientist, expert on oxytocin, the “hormone of love and bonding”
“Tools to thrive inside and out as individuals and as communities“
Creating a bridge across various ways of knowing, Amelia guides us to the core of our oneness. By teaching us easy and profound, body centered mindfulness practices for good health, healing and connection, she gives us tools to thrive inside and out as individuals and as communities. Bravo, Amelia! Thank you for your wonderful way of catalyzing meaningful and lasting learning for us all!
– Dr. Dan Siegel, New York Times Bestselling Author of IntraConnected: MWe (Me + We) as the Integration of Self, Identity, and Belonging
“Physical and emotional health”
Integrating ancient wisdom practices and recent findings from neuroscience, Amelia Barili teaches practical skills to foster balance, happiness, and physical and emotional health. In a loving and practical way, she inspires us to come home to our bodies and nurture our healing capacities to build resilience and compassion.
– Rona Renner, RN, Host—About Health, on KPFA.org 94.1FM, and author of, Is That Me Yelling? A Parent’s Guide to Getting Your Kids to Cooperate Without Losing Your Cool.
“Aquietar nuestra mente y descubrir la belleza de nuestro espíritu”
En sus talleres y videos, Amelia Barili logra transmitirnos sus virtudes de compasión, empatía, paz y comunalidad, a través de sus conocimientos y prácticas milenarias de respiración, meditación y movimientos sutiles del Qigong y de la Yoga antigua. Basta una sesión con Amelia, para despertar la conciencia de lo maravilloso que es nuestro cuerpo, aquietar nuestra mente y descubrir la belleza de nuestro espíritu.
– Ivonne Vizcarra Bordi, PhD, hija, hermana, madre, compañera, esposa, amiga, profesora, investigadora y luchadora.